I thought I would share with you my most recent obsession... I am becoming quite the couponing expert! Yesterday was my best savings yet... I saved 78% at Safeway! Boxes of cereal for $0.75... Duracell Batteries for $2.99 (8 of them... and let me tell you...with all these electronic toys in the house... I know a good deal on batteries when I see one:), FREE California Pizza Kitchen Frozen Pizza (actually, the store paid me $2.51 to take it home!).
Now, most of you are laughing... because you know me and you love me... because you know I am a shopper, and you know that I love a good deal. And, I have to admit I am laughing, too! I am having so much fun at saving money at the grocery store- it makes me giggle! Plus, I have almost cut our grocery budget in 1/2 in the last 5 weeks.
Not only am I making better choices on what vegetables and fruits to buy each week, my freezer is stocked with meat that is on sale... and I can use it anytime... Plus, I am stocking up on fun snacks for the kids for our car trip with Nana... (to come to Cincinnati for most of June and part of July.) I got Oreos for $0.04... 6-pk of Pringles snack bags for $0.99... and FREE Quaker snacks... I got boxes of triscuits for $0.88- fun, so much fun!
If you want to join in the madness... Here are my favorite sites:
http://www.springsbargains.com/ - This is a local site for me. A mom here in town looks through the weekly grocery circulars and matches up coupons and tells us what are good deals and what are not. (Then, local readers leave posts and links too... about other deals they have spotted in the store when shopping!)
For those of you in Cincinnati, there is http://cincinnaticents.blogspot.com/ that does the same thing!
Walgreens offers crazy deals every week: My favorite site for finding out those deals is: http://www.southernsavers.com/ The other day, I got $7.50 worth of stuff for $3.50, plus I got a $5 coupon back. Insane!
For baby stuff: http://www.babycheapskate.com/ This mom tells readers where the best deals on formula, diapers, kid clothes, etc can be found!
And, not only can you clip coupons from the Sunday newspaper, but there are tons of online 'printable' coupons out there:
http://www.target.com/ (and you can use the in-store coupon with a manufacturer coupon for increased savings... bought dressing the other day- and the store paid me $0.07 cents to take it home... cool!)
http://www.safeway.com/- go to their coupon tab
You can also load up your Kroger/King Soopers card with coupons from
And, these will come off of your purchase, in addition to the paper coupons, again, INSANE.
If you don't get the paper, starting getting it... http://www.discountednewspapers.com/... way cheaper to subscribe to newspaper here than through the local paper subscription desk...
Can you tell I am obsessed! I just had to share!
3 comments:
WOW!! You almost have me convinced. The time factor to do all this seems overwhelming to me. . .
you are crazy, but I love it!!! Hope you all have fun in Ohio this summer, wish we could get together. Say hi to the family for me!! Miss you guys! Aunt Katie :)
I am equally obsessed with / addicted to grocery shopping! My grocery shopping trip is often the highlight of my week!
Post a Comment