The day finally came... I knew it would... don't all kids do this...
We were sitting at the dinner table and J.D. said, "Mommy, I learned all about love and marriage today."
"Oh," I said, "from who?"
"I don't know," replied J.D.
"Who are you going to marry J.D.?" I asked.
"You, Mommy." J.D. replied.
My heart jumped for joy. I am his girl! I tried to contain my excitement over this. As a mother, I knew this was coming... and it was a moment that I was looking forward to treasuring in my heart for always... and I will (even on the days that he says I "break his heart"- mostly b/c he can't have more gum or candy... another story... another blog...)
"But, I married Daddy. You can't marry me." I kindly told him.
"Then, I'll marry Natalie. And, we will be happy together forever." J.D. said assuredly.
(Yes, on a good day they would be happy together forever. On a bad day kicking, not sharing, hitting and biting are a part of the marriage agreement in that scenario. Not to mention, this was just too far for Jason to handle... he jumped in with some explanation about not marrying your siblings... )
But, I am holding onto the moment. I am his gal! I love being his gal! He is my guy! Now, to await for Natalie to fall head over heels for her daddy and for Carson to profess his undying love for me... now this just sounds weird. Oh well... I am going to treasure it anyways... I love my kids, I love that my kids love me in spite of me, and I am thankful to God for giving me GREAT kids!
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment