Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Birth Story

Okay... a lot of you have been asking for the 'birth story'. So, here goes!
Before Carson was born my mother said she was going to consult the Lord as to when she should arrive... didn't want to come to soon... didn't want to plan to come too far after the birth. So, I began to joke that my mother, American Airlines and The Lord (of course) were going to determine the date and time of baby #3's arrival. Little did I know just how accurate that combination was going to be... My mom's plane landed at the Colorado Springs airport at 2:35pm. I was reading a book while waiting in the van in the cell phone waiting lot. In the book, I jotted down 2:37pm as the first serious contraction that I thought I should be timing. And, they started to come every 3-4 minutes... so, I picked up my mom, told her I was having contractions (but thought it could be false labor AGAIN), brought her home- yes, I was driving, did a craft with the kids that she had brought for them, and then went upstairs at about 4:45 to see if the contractions would get any stronger, space out, etc. Well, I laid down and the contractions started one on top of the other. Jason started the car and we were off to the hospital. We checked into the hospital at 5:15pm (at 7cm!), the doctor broke my water at 7:08pm and Carson arrived after one MEGA push at 7:09pm! This is the way it should be! It was a delightful birth experience... Jason did all the right things... said all the right things... it was lovely (yes, a bit painful for the last 3 minutes...) but perfect all the same.

No comments: