Saturday, October 14, 2006

Colorado or Bust...

We made it! The pioneers would have been proud (an insanely jealous of air travel).

Our journey started in Baltimore... two kids, two adults (myself and our kids Aunt Mimi/Aunt Athene/Aunt Miriam-- you pick your favorite name), BWI airport and one heck of a thunderstorm. Of course, they loaded the plane, closed the door and then the pilot came on the loud speaker to tell us that we were delayed due to an electrical storm... Really???- I couldn't tell from the massive lightening bolts coming out of the clouds... Thank God for the Wiggles!!!! and Aunt Mimi's creative mind -- she can always find a way to 'make believe' with J.D.

We arrived into Atlanta about an hour late, found Tom Neiles, loaded into the car and drove to Chattanooga, TN for Jason's brother's wedding. The wedding was beautiful. It was outdoors (perfect weather), lots of candles, twinkle lights and beautiful wedding party. Jason gave the charge during the ceremony... and it made his mother, aunts and other family folk cry... he is such a good speaker and he really spoke from the heart, from scripture and directed it right to David and Heather... it was great.

From Chattanooga we took a flight from Nashville to Colorado Springs. Miriam, Natalie and myself on one flight and J.D. and Jason on another... we all arrived safely into Colorado Springs on Monday, Oct. 2nd. The next morning started the whirlwind that we still find ourselves in...

Tues, Oct. 3rd- we closed the house at 9am (but the owners were not out... a minor glitch... some how they didn't make the connection that once they signed the papers that the house wasn't theirs anymore. But, it all worked out).

Wed. Oct. 4th- Cleaned, cleaned, cleaned our FIRST HOUSE. That was great fun!

Thurs. Oct. 5th- our stuff arrived

Friday. Oct. 6th and Sat. Oct. 7th- we unpacked most of the house. Thanks to Miriam's help, Jason and I could unpack till we were blue in the face... she played and played with the kids... her help was invaluable! On Saturday we all went to Garden of the Gods... it is amazing... looks exactly like a place that the 'gods' should call their playground. It is magnificent. Miriam took some wonderful pictures this day.

Sun. Oct. 8th- had Drew and Lindsay Wilkins and Chris Wilkins over for lunch

Mon. Oct. 9th- Miriam went back to Annapolis. SAD, SAD, SAD day in our house. But, she has said she will come back in March... I don't think March is going to come fast enough

Tues. Oct. 10th- went to MOPS for the first time.. great group of women at Village Seven Presbyterian Church. I was really impressed with their structure, professional approach, etc. And, I felt immediately welcome.

Wed. Oct. 11th- Dad arrived with the minivan and his painting clothes!

Thurs Oct. 12th until now... Painting, painting, painting, painting, painting, painting, painting... Dad won't relax until it is all done... I totally understand that... I must get that from him... can't relax until all the work is done. He has worked really hard and I am excited about having the guest room and kids rooms painted. We have had a really nice visit... I needed some time with my dad.

I am really loving the great outdoors here in Colorado. I took the kids on a two hour walk yesterday. We have wonderful greenways that go behind the homes in our neighborhood.... they connect major streets, minor streets and a great system of parks for the kids. I am going to have fun discovering the greenways with J.D.--- since there is no traffic, he can run, run, run and I don't' have to worry... it really wears him out.

Well, J.D. just woke up... time to run... I'll try to post some pictures later tonight.

Love to everyone! Come and Visit... it is beautiful here.

No comments: