J.D. is loving to climb (as I mentioned in the last posting). So, on Friday morning... I had to give Natalie a bath... now, picture our small 1950's bathroom- totally functional, not a lot of space (when I lean over the side of the tub to wash a kid- my feet can touch the vanity... needless to say, it is narrow in there). I am giving Natalie a bath when I realize that J.D. is standing on my feet. Then, all of a sudden, he pulled himself up onto my back and spent the rest of Natalie's bathtime perched on all fours on my back. Just wait, it gets better. Not only is he perched on my back but he is quaking like a duck because he sees his rubber duckie in the tub with Natalie (yes, the same rubber duckie that he hurled at his baby sister moments before). Just writing this down is making me laugh all over again!
Then, tonight, J.D. is playing with his circus truck. One side of the truck has 'doors' that open so you can get the animals in and out. The other side looks like doors, but they don't open. We taught J.D. the sign for help... so, he can ask for help when he gets into a bind... So, he is signing help and trying to say it too- sounds like 'hep'-- and Jason says, 'turn it around". So, J.D. got up turned himself around, sat down, and tried again! We laughed so hard! Children are so literal. So, we had to tell him good job...and knew that we needed to share these two cute stories with you! These are the things that I hope my memory holds onto forever- just when you think they can't get any more precious... they do!
Natalie is smiling, smiling, smiling! She has a dimple... my children have dimples- I love it. Her whole face lights up when she smiles. And, she has rolled over... multiple times. Front to back. She is such a mover. When she is awake she is moving, kicking, moving, kicking, moving, kicking. Oh, and crying, too. God Bless the SWING! She loves it. Doesn't always like to be held- likes her 'alone' time in the swing. I try to hold her as much as possible, for I know she won't stay little for long- but am thankful that she likes the swing... which reminds me of another J.D. story.
I was cleaning dishes in the kitchen the other day... and heard J.D. saying "wee", "wee", "wee". I poked my head around the corner to watch him pushing Natalie in the swing and saying "wee"... I guess this is what he is used to me saying when I push him in the swing outside. Natalie had a fearful look on her face... she had never moved so fast or swung so high in her swing... and J.D. thought he was being a great big brother- he was having a blast. After that, I am securing Natalie in the swing a little more securly!
Well, Natalie is fussing again... gotta run! Have a great night!
Sunday, May 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment